Over 36 million Americans are affected by hearing loss. Hearing loss is the third most common health problem in the United States. Unfortunately, most people wait 7 to 10 years before seeking help from an audiologist resulting in permanent damage. Do not wait! Come in today for a comprehensive hearing exam.
CAUSES OF HEARING LOSS
Aging process, Exposure to loud noise, Certain medications, Genetics/Family History, Ear infections, Trauma, Disease
- Difficulty hearing when there is background noise
- Difficulty understanding someone not facing you
- Difficulty hearing over the telephone
- Difficulty hearing in group settings
- You feel that people are mumbling
- Family/Friends complain that you are not hearing them
- Hearing ability is limiting your social or personal life
- You can’t hear the TV without increasing the volume
- You previously worked around loud noise or music
OTHER SYMPTOMS THAT SHOULD BE EVALUATED BY AN AUDIOLOGIST
- Ringing, hissing, roaring in your ears
- Balance concerns
- Vertigo – dizziness or head spinning
- Increased sensitivity to loud sounds
- Feeling of fullness/pressure in your ears
- Diagnostic Hearing Evaluation
- Hearing Aid Selection and Fitting
- Hearing Aid Repairs/Programming
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Custom Hearing Protection/Swim Molds
- Hearing Aid Cleaning
- iPod and MP3 Player Custom Ear Molds
- Musician Earplugs
- Hearing Aid Batteries and Supplies
Dr. Tessa Menchaca earned her bachelor’s degree in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences from Texas Tech Health Sciences Center in Lubbock, Texas and received her doctorate degree in Audiology with high honors from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock Arkansas. She is a Licensed Audiologist for the State of Texas.
Tessa enjoys helping people remain active and connected to their family and friends. People often feel frustrated and isolated when they are dealing with hearing loss. Her goal is to provide personal care and guidance to people who are dealing with hearing loss so that they may enhance their hearing to its greatest potential. Tessa participates in continuing education so that she may offer her patients the latest technology and treatment in audiology.
Tessa was raised in Wichita Falls, TX. She is excited to be back home serving her community.
Please call Allied Audiology Clinic to make an appointment at 940-716-1637.